- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation— I’ve heard and read AWESOME things about this foundation if you have oily skin. It apparently keeps you matte all day and doesn’t clog your pores. The price is quite a bit steep at $64 but it’s apparently worth every penny if you suffer with oily skin. Added bonus- it’s cruelty free and vegan!!
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment— this is super pricey at a whopping price of $76 but apparently if you suffer from breakouts and blackheads this apparently just sucks them right out and you can see it too when the masks dries. Kind of gross but cool at the same time to see all the dirt come out of your pores
- The Body Shop Colour Crush Shine Lipstick— I’ve been really really really into The Body Shop lately and their makeup line has really intrigued me. I’ve never tried any makeup from them before but I’ve heard good things especially from a YouTube beauty blogger EssieButton. I thought I’d start small by trying out the lipsticks first before moving onto pricier items like the powders or foundations. Also the fact that it’s a shine lipstick is right up my alley
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil— Once again EssieButton has really sold me on this item. She loves and raves about it and she has definitely peaked my interest in this particular product. I’ve never tried a cleansing oil to remove makeup but they’re apparently all the rage these days. Since I have a slight Body Shop obsession going on right now and since EssieButton has raved about it so much this is a product I will definitely be purchasing soon
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub— I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I have the mini size one and I’ve completely used it up so now I’m lusting for the full size jar. It has a sweet and light coconut scent that isn’t overbearing and this particular scrub is a cream scrub. The Body Shop has cream scrubs and sugar scrubs and personally after trying this coconut cream scrub I much prefer it over the sugar scrub. It is slightly less abrasive and I feel it leaves less of a residue on the skin. I believe they put some kind of oils in the scrub in order to help hydrate your skin and give your skin a glow and the sugar scrub really leaves the oil behind while the cream, I feel, leaves less. I know only certain scents come in the cream formula and same with the sugar formula however go for the coconut. Even if you’re not a huge coconut fan, which to be honest I’m not, this scent is light and so yummy you’ll love it. Wow can’t believe I went on that long about a body scrub
- The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Detangling Spray— My hair has been super tangly and knotty (not going to lie it’s because my hair is a bit dry at the moment) that I just want to try this out and see if it works. Also, I haven’t use a detangling spray since I was like 7 or 8 years old so why not relive those childhood memories
If you can’t tell I really love The Body Shop. Can’t wait to purchase these products soon and test them all out!
A few friends and I went to a Korean restaurant in our local area called Buk Chang Dong Soon Tofu and it was delicious. Not only was it delicious, but the prices were amazing because nothing was more then $12 for a large portion of food. I had never tried Korean food before and I’m glad we decided to go to this particular place because it was great.
It’s a small quaint little restaurant that is between a bunch of other little restaurants. Not going to lie, if you don’t pay attention to where you’re going and don’t keep an eye out for it, you’ll definitely miss it. Also, because it’s so small I personally thought that we would be only the people there for lunch at 1 in the afternoon, but I was shocked once I walked inside. The little restaurant was completely full and we only got a table because right when I walked into the restaurant a group of people were just leaving so we luckily got their table.
The menu was small, which I personally liked since I’m an extremely indecisive person, but also it means that they only specialize in those few dishes which also means that they’re really really good, which they were.
All the food came with a lot of little side dishes that you can add into the meal or eat just on its own like kimchi, beans, and rice. We got four different dishes for all of us to share. One of them was the Stone Pot Bibimbab (it’s also spelled Bibimbap), which is a well known Korean dish according to our friend who came with us who’s Korean, we also got Dukbegi Bulgogi + Dolsotbab which was a sauteed kind of beef dish that came with black bean rice and small side dishes, we also got the Vegetable Soon Tofu and the Kimchi Soon Tofu which are soup dishes that come with a raw egg that you crack into the soup and some small side dishes as well.
One of the cool things about this place was that the dishes come in these black stone bowls that come to the table piping hot. Literally, they are so hot to the point that the soup dishes we got were still boiling and bubbling in the stone bowl. The whole point of that is that when you crack the raw egg into the still boiling soup it cooks the egg.
By the end of the meal we were full but not to the point of feeling uncomfortable or sick. Sometimes when you go to restaurants you get so overly full and you’re stomach just feels so heavy with food, I generally feel this way when I eat sushi not going to lie. Eating here was not like that at all. Don’t get me wrong I was full and completely satisfied with my meal but my stomach didn’t feel heavy or uncomfortable which I was pleasantly surprised by.
Buk Chang Dong Soon Tofu comes highly recommended if you’re looking to try some delicious Korean food. The prices are great, the portions are great, and the food is delicious!! Our Korean friend who came with us also enjoyed it so much that she said was going to take her parents there sometime because it would definitely be a place they would enjoy. Now that’s saying a lot about how good this place is.
from L to R: Bibimbab, Vegetable Soon Tofu (soup), Dukbegi Bulgogi + Dolsotbab (beef)
Kimchi Soon Tofu
Hope you enjoyed our Korean food adventure!!!